Watermelon Wine Keg
- 1 large Oblong Seedless Watermelon
- 1 box Franzia Fruity Red Sangria
- 1 Plastic DIY Watermelon Tap
1. Cut a thin slice from the bottom of the watermelon rind so the watermelon will sit upright. Be careful not to cut into the flesh of the watermelon.
2. With a sharp knife, carve out a circle in the top of the watermelon as you would when carving a jack-o'-lantern. Remove the lid and set aside.
3. Place the watermelon upright in the sink. Using an immersion blender, insert blade end into the flesh of the watermelon. Gently push and move the immersion blender down and around in the watermelon to puree the center. As more of the watermelon becomes pureed, move the blender to the sides to puree almost all of the flesh, leaving a thin wall of flesh lining the rind.
4. Pour the pureed juice out of the watermelon into a large, gallon-sized pitcher. Combine with 48oz of Franzia Fruity Red Sangria and mix well.
5. Insert the tap into the empty watermelon according to the package directions.
6. Carefully pour the sangria mixture into the watermelon. Set aside any excess for refills! Replace the lid on the watermelon.
7. Refrigerate the filled watermelon and any leftover mixture until the watermelon and punch inside are well chilled, at least two hours.
Featured in this recipe
Fruity Red Sangria
refreshing red with citrus fruit flavors and sweetness