White Wine Mac ‘N Cheese
- Franzia Rich & Buttery Chardonnay
- 1 cup dry Alphabet Noodles
- 2 tbsp. Unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. All-purpose flour
- ½ cup Whole Milk
- 1.5 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp Salt
- ⅛ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ½ cup Gruyère Cheese, grated
- ½ cup Sharp White Cheese, grated
- 1.5 tsp Panko Breadcrumbs
- ½ tbsp Parmesan, grated
- Olive Oil
1. In a small saucepan, bring liberally salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook until al dente. Drain and set aside.
2. In the same saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Once melted, whisk in flour until smooth and cook for 30 seconds. Slowly add milk while you continue whisking to evenly combine. Add in ¼ cup Franzia Rich & Buttery Chardonnay, mustard, salt, and cayenne pepper. Stir continually until sauce thickens, about 3 minutes.
3. Once thickened, slowly whisk in cheese until smooth. Heat for one additional minute. Add cooked noodles and stir.
4. Pour the macaroni into a small baking dish. Top with the panko breadcrumbs and parmesan, then drizzle with olive oil. Place under the broiler until topping is golden.
Featured in this recipe
the richest most buttery Chardonnay we’ve ever put in a box