View All » Recipe »
Red Wine Spaghetti
- Franzia Cabernet Sauvignon
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 5 oz bacon, chopped
- 1 red onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- Red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- Bay Leaf
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 2 tbsp. Unsalted butter
- 4 oz. Parmesan, grated
- Basil leaves for garnish
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pancetta or bacon to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
2. Raise heat and add sliced red onion. Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook, stirring often for 5-7 minutes.
3. Add garlic, red pepper flakes, and tomato paste. Stir to combine. Add bay leaf and 4 cups of Franzia Cabernet Sauvignon and turn heat to high. Reduce wine by half (about 10 minutes) and turn off the heat.
4. Bring a large pot of liberally-salted water to a boil. Add 1 cup of Franzia Cabernet Sauvignon and spaghetti and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
5. Add cooked pasta to the red wine mixture in the skillet and turn to medium-high heat. Continue cooking pasta while stirring. If the sauce gets too thick, add a little pasta water.
6. Stir in the reserved pancetta or bacon, butter, and half the grated cheese. Toss well.
7. Garnish with remaining basil leaves and cheese.
Featured in this recipe
full-bodied with cherry and plum aromas with a hint of oak